Post subject: Picture uploading via another site.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:19 pm 

I've already posted this on the other site but now I can finally post here, I'm going to shove it here to carry on filling it out. I know this is possible with other sites. I know you can upload a picture/avatar from your profile page, I would also suggest maybe allowing users to link pictures via another site aswell as pc. For example the picture, I want to use is already on my noesis account and on pbotobucket and it would be easier for me at least just to use the hotlink from photobucket/chat the photo I want.

If that makes sense ?!? (its late and im tired) 

[color=#00BF00]Kyrin[/color]
Father Of Three

Post subject: Re: Picture uploading via another site.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Kyrin wrote:
I've already posted this on the other site but now I can finally post here, I'm going to shove it here to carry on filling it out. I know this is possible with other sites. I know you can upload a picture/avatar from your profile page, I would also suggest maybe allowing users to link pictures via another site aswell as pc. For example the picture, I want to use is already on my noesis account and on pbotobucket and it would be easier for me at least just to use the hotlink from photobucket/chat the photo I want.

If that makes sense ?!? (its late and im tired) 

Hi again Kyrin,

Thanks for yet another great suggestion.

I can confirm that Avatars have been enabled. Here is how to configure your own Avatar.

• At the top of the forum on the right, click the link labelled "User Control Panel"
  • You will be presented with a page with some Options on the left - Click "Profile"
  • Some more options will appear. Click "Edit Avatar"
  • Now you will be given the choice to upload your Avatar or Link to a Remote Avatar
  • When done, click on Submit
  • Your Avatar is saved

Please note, your Forum avatar is different to your Profile Picture. We are also working on a way to link your forum avatar to our "Ask a Mum" section so that both sections show the same avatar automatically. We will make a further announcement before this change is made.

----------------

Any opinions expressed by me in this forum are my own and not those of I've Got Kids (mEazy Ltd.) unless stated otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 pm 

Thanks for your reply, I was actually meaning linking profile picture and not avatar in that way. Sorry for the confusion, I think it's how its worded is/was the problem.

[color=#00BF00]Kyrin[/color]
Father Of Three

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:25 pm 

I've noticed that the forum subscribe box is defaulted to on. I would hope that is just a misdetail as I could see that could annoy people having a email every time someone posts on a post they've subscribed to only by default and not choice once the site gets busier?

Get fast success in 1y0-300 and 350-018 - exam exam questions by using our 1z0-054 - questions and www.usuhs.mil We also offer up-to-date Hodges University and answers for your prep of Nova Southeastern University

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

alinamike wrote:
I've noticed that the forum subscribe box is defaulted to on. I would hope that is just a misdetail as I could see that could annoy people having a email every time someone posts on a post they've subscribed to only by default and not choice once the site gets busier?

While it's still quiet it's default otherwise people may get a reply days/weeks or even months later and they may not remember to check.

you are welcome to change it in your settings :)

Aly

Get fast success in 1y0-300 and 350-018 - exam exam questions by using our 1z0-054 - questions and www.usuhs.mil We also offer up-to-date Hodges University and answers for your prep of Nova Southeastern University

Any opinions expressed by me in this forum are my own and not those of I've Got Kids (mEazy Ltd.) unless stated otherwise.