Post subject: First Away From Home School Trip
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm 

Just wondered if any parents feel the way i am feeling about my 12 year old going away with the school for a week. Apart from sleepovers with friends this will be the first time iv been apart from her since she was born. I am having panics will she eat, will she miss the family too much, what if she is in an accident and i am not there. etc

Also the school are not allowing calls to the children as they say it upsets them and they will call us if required.

Is it time for me to relax and accept that my baby is all grown up now?

Post subject: Re: First Away From Home School Trip
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

I remember the first time my children spent a week away from me - it was in KINDERGARDEN and I nearly died! They were only 5 but had an amazing time. No contact with parents allowed at all, and this is apparently NORMAL in Denmark!

Since then, they've been away quite often and never had an issue. I think it's harder on us than them. Check with the school what their "home sick" policy is so you can support it in advance, and I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Let us know how she gets on :)

Aly

Any opinions expressed by me in this forum are my own and not those of I've Got Kids (mEazy Ltd.) unless stated otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:17 am 

My little ones go away with my parent alot however i do remember going to aviemore with the school when i was in year 8... i caused so much hell on cause i was homesick was unreal. i had never been away from them in my life. i got banned from all trips after that lolol

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Fallyn wrote:
My little ones go away with my parent alot however i do remember going to aviemore with the school when i was in year 8... i caused so much hell on cause i was homesick was unreal. i had never been away from them in my life. i got banned from all trips after that lolol

Oh bless! I've never had a problem being away from home and neither have my kids. In fact, older two went to France for a week a few weeks ago - I enjoyed the lack of teenage hormones!

Aly

Any opinions expressed by me in this forum are my own and not those of I've Got Kids (mEazy Ltd.) unless stated otherwise.